1. How many of these new sweaters would you buy over the next year at each price point listed below?
0 1 2 3 4 5
2. What is the most important reason for purchasing food from your local grocery store?
- Food is fresh
- They have the products I need
3. Think about the grocery store you go to most often. Is it closer to:
- Favorite shopping mall
4. About how many minutes does it take to get to the grocery store you go to most often?
- under 5 minutes
- 5-10 minutes
- 11-15 minutes
- 16-20 minutes
- more than 20 minutes
5. Which of the following grocery stores do you visit at least once a month?
- Whole Foods Market
- Trader Joe’s
- Sams Club
- Giant Eagle
- Coles Supermarkets
6. What type of grocery store do you purchase most of your food items?
- Discount retailer (e.g. Walmart, Costco)
- Higher-end grocery (Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods)
- Specialty grocery (Vegetable market, butcher)
7. Again think about the grocery store you go to most often. What are some reasons this grocery store is your favorite? (Check all that apply
- convenient location
- convenient hours of operation
- close to work
- close to home
- close to favorite shopping area
- lowest prices
- fast payment
- fast in and out
- happy with brands
- never had trouble with their gas
- have credit card for that brand of gas
- like the deli
- friendly service
- Other, please specify:
8. On average, about how much does your total household spend on groceries per month?
- less than $100
- $100 – $299
- $300 – $499
- $500 – $699
- $700 – $999
- over $1000
9. Do you have a grocery loyalty card?
10. What are the three best features you would expect to get with a loyalty card?
- reward after frequent purchases
- use for several different grocery stores
- end of year rebate
- special offers to products you purchase often
- sale alerts
- in-store discounts
11. Which of the following age groups do you fall into?
- 65 or older
12. What is your marital status?
13. How many people do you have living at home, including yourself?